Preparing the Offer
When you find a property on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. In fact, you may worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers. Don’t be. You’ve got an expert by your side. Me. My job, as your real estate broker, is to do my best so you get that property – and at a price that works for you.
The first step is preparing the Offer. This is a contract that I present to the seller that basically states the price you’re offering, as well as any conditions or other terms.
The price you offer is critical. You want it to reflect the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously. On the other hand, you don’t want to go in too high and risk overpaying for the home.
Don’t worry. I know how to prepare a winning offer and get you the property at the lowest possible price. In fact, I look after your interests throughout the entire process.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a property, here’s what typically happens:
- We will discuss a price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller, without over-paying for the home.
- I may suggest that a condition, such as passing a professional home inspection, be included for your protection.
- If you want to finance the purchase, we’ll talk about lenders and interest rates and get you pre-qualilfied for a mortgage.
- I’ll prepare the necessary documents and present your offer to the seller and/or his or her real estate agent personally.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, I’ll work with the seller’s agent, and use my skills and experience on your behalf to make a deal.
- I’ll communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark when you work with me.
- Once the seller agrees, I’ll help you through the entire closing process until the keys are in your hands!
I realize that making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It doesn’t have to be. That’s the advantage of selecting a real estate broker who, like me, puts clients first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing you have an expert on your side… someone who knows the ropes through years of experience and hundreds of transactions.
Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the form below or call or email me.